Khan had set out on a long journey from Islamabad to Skardu on July 24 and had covered over 1,000 kilometres within 15 days. She then trekked from Shagar area’s village called Skooli for three days and reached Biafo Glacier.
This is not the first time Khan has cycled this long. Earlier she cycled from the federal capital to Khunjerab.
Samar hails from Lower Dir in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. She has done her Masters in Physics from Federal Urdu University in Islamabad. Samar is a trekker, athlete and a certified paraglider. Samar is also the brand ambassador of ‘Ladies of Pakistan’.
She is also the national record holder of cycling over 4,693 meters by covering 1000km (In tour to Khunjerab) besides being a trained MMA fighter, member of national youth assembly and a social activist.
She is a motivational and Tedx Speaker 2016, a freelancer blogger and an online teacher, she discovered this skill after meeting her adventure buddy, Guliafshan in ‘Army School Of Physical Training’, Kakul.
Samar Khan said, ‘I have started different sports activities from last 2 years to promote adventure sports in Pakistan, to make it a prime tourist destination again and to promote the soft and beautiful picture of Pakistan internationally.’
‘I conducted and organized many cycle rallies and tourism events in different parts of Pakistan and indulged youth and families in a massive number to adopt such healthy activities and sports lifestyle to promote peace,’ she added.
Samar’s biggest aims is to bring the sports revolution in her country and bring out the massive talent and elevate to Olympics.
Here are the achievements of Samar Khan:
- A certified paraglider from Army School of Physical Training, Kakul.
- National record of riding 1000 km, at the height of 4693m to Khunjerab (Pak-China Border).
- Registered in Pakistan Book of Records.
- Runner-Up in ‘Human Power Vehicle Contest’ (cycle race) at GIKI, Swabi, KPK.
- Founder of ‘Pace for Peace’, Two Girls Ride.
- Active volunteer & Ambassador of ‘Green & Clean Pakistan’. ISB.
- Ambassador of Pakistan Children Heart foundation (PCHF).
- Brand ambassador of ‘Ladies of Pakistan’.
- Brand ambassador of Females in Travel & Tourism Pakistan, (FITT).
- Brand ambassador of ‘Anti-Narcotics Force, Islamabad.
- Brand Ambassador of ‘Truedrops’ virtual blood drive.
- Interviewed by ‘Voice of America’, Mashal Radio Czech Republic Prague, Cambiar News, Sama TV PTV, Dawn news and all mainstream media of Pakistan.
- Awarded with ‘Youth Innovative Award’ 2015, in Mingora, Swat.
- Motivational Speaker in ‘TEDx’ Islamabad, 2016.
- Awarded in ‘Travel2Pakistan day’ by ‘Pk Travels’’ for promoting tourism.
- Motivational Speaker in ‘Grab it Global’ 2015, by ‘Beydaar Society’, Lahore.
- Motivational story published in ‘Qaiser Abbas book, Shabash Kahani’ & ‘Humans of Pakistan’.
- Motivational Speaker and awarded by ‘Jaago Team’ in Comsats Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad.
- As a ‘Guest of Honour’ in ‘Homecoming Event’ by NUST Alumni Association, Islamabad.
- Debater/Public Speaking Trainer of FED society, Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences & Technology – Islamabad.
- Winner of trekking competition by ‘Indus Treks & Tours’.
- Professional athlete, MMA/Unarmed Figher.
Photo courtesy: Samar Khan’s Facebook page