Telenor Pakistan, Trillium Information Security, NetSol Technologies, Rescue 1122, Teradata GCC are among the winners
The Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) organized third Information Communication Technology – ICT Awards at a local hotel in Rawalpindi.
Minister of state for Information Technology and Telecommunication Ms. Anusha Rehman attended the event as a Chief Guest. Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority Dr. Ismael Shah, CEOs of other leading IT and Telecom companies, government and various stack holders attended the 3rd ICT Awards.
Federal minister Ms. Anusha Rehman while addressing the ceremony appreciated the role of RCCI in promoting IT sector and entrepreneurship.
“We are working towards making Pakistan a Digital Pakistan. Digital economy through IT, freelancing work, startups, e-commerce and mobile apps are the future of Pakistan” Minister IT said.
While speaking on the occasion Chief Corporate Affairs and Strategy Officer Telenor Mr. Aslam Hayat shared thoughts on the achievement said that, “We are humbled to have been honored with the RCCI ICT Award. At Telenor, we stay committed to our mission of empowering the people of Pakistan which is also convergent with the Government’s long-term vision for the country’s growth. We thank the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry for this honor and are enthused to continue serving the people of Pakistan with the same passion”.
Telenor Pakistan on keeping its streak country’s top cellular operator and advance digital services Bags the RCCI ICT Award 2017 and was chosen winner in the category of ‘Excellence in Telecommunication’ by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. Muhammad Aslam Hayat, company’s Chief Corporate Affairs and Strategy Officer received the award on behalf of Telenor Pakistan.
Winners of RCCI 3rd ICT Awards
Here is the full list of all winners with the categories.
- Trillium Information Security Systems grabbed the RCCI ICT Company of the Year award
- NetSol Technologies Inc. received Excellence in software export award
- Telenor Pakistan won Excellence in Telecommunication
- Power Information Technology Company received Excellence in E-Governance
- Auto-Soft Dynamics Pvt. Limited named for Technology Innovation Award
- NetSol Technologies Inc. won the Excellence in E-Finance
- Teradata GCC won the ICT Implementation award
- Inbox Technologies Pvt. Ltd won the Domestic Revenue Achievement Award
- Cure MD Best Health Information System awards.
- TeleSehat Private Limited won the Excellence in Mobile Healthcare award
- Rescue 1122 received the Public E-Health Solution Award
- Shifa International Hospital Ltd. won the Technology Implementation in Healthcare
- Sybrid Pvt Ltd won Healthcare Technology Innovation Award
- Medical Transcription Billing, Corporation (MTBC) won Excellence In Healthcare Software Export won by
- Pakistan Ordinance Factory received the Defence Technology Award
Chairman PTA Dr. Ismael Shah, in his address said that numbers of internet users are increasing remarkably. PTA being regulator has increased its capacity to address the issues related IT sector.
“Now we are channelizing and working on legislation and streamlining the process of E-commerce. Few years back no one was aware of Careem, Uber in Pakistan. We are monitoring the situation related to the content being published on social media. One can’t stop the technology but we need to put a proper filter and check. Banning everything is not a solution at all” Chairman PTA said.
Through the annual ICT Awards which started in 2015, the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry cements its efforts to encourage investment in the ICT enabled sector of Pakistan and honor the Pakistani companies at the cutting edge of technological achievements.