|Estimated value:||€90 million|
|Country of origin:||Australia|
|Source of Wealth:||actor|
Thor, the hammer-wielding god superhero from the Marvel Universe, is currently unmissable. But actor Chris Hemsworth can do much more than just hit it.
Christopher Bruce “Chris” Hemsworth was born in Melbourne, Australia in the summer of 1983. He has European roots, so his ancestors come from Germany and Great Britain. Hemsworth grew up with two brothers, Luke and Liam, who are also actors. Baby Liam Hemsworth is best known from “Hunger Games”, while the eldest brother Luke mostly plays in Australian productions such as the series “Neighbors”.
At first, Chris Hemsworth only got small television roles in Australian series. Having always had a great love for the sea and especially for surfing, he finally played the surfer Kim in “Home and Away” for three years from 2004. After this national breakthrough, Hemsworth made his way to the United States. He has now gained enough global notoriety to be living back in Australia with his wife and children, a daughter and twin sons.
In 2009, Chris Hemsworth began acting in US films. He played James Kirk’s father in “Star Trek” and starred in the horror film “The Cabin in the Woods”, which was not released until 2011. That year he also got what is probably his most important and best-known role: the superhero god Thor in the film of the same name. Before he landed this role, he was still quite unknown – after that, Hemsworth became a megastar almost overnight and was allowed to play Thor in all sequels.
From that point on, the young actor started pouring in offers. In 2012 he played the male title role in “Snow White and the Huntsman” and reprized it in the sequel. In 2013 he took on the role of racing driver James Hunt in “Rush”. Numerous other films followed, many of them belonging to the Marvel Universe. Hemsworth has also directed a number of the Avengers films and is currently trying his hand at producing.
Chris Hemsworth’ biggest success was definitely the role of Thor. His humorous, powerful portrayal of the god of thunder made audiences melt. And so, Hemsworth became a permanent member of the Avengers, playing his role in nine films to date.
Hemsworth also gained notoriety in 2012 with “Snow White and the Huntsman”. In that film and its 2016 sequel, The Huntsman and the Ice Queen, he played Eric the hunter alongside the likes of Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart.
When it comes to playing well-trained heartthrob roles with strength and wit, Chris Hemsworth is apparently so good that there is no one better: In 2014, People magazine named him the sexiest man alive. Since 2017, Hemsworth has also been a member of AMPAS, the organization that awards the Oscars.
– For me, life is about experience and being a good person.
– As kids, our experiences shape our opinions of ourselves and the world around us, and that’s who we become as adults.
– The more conflict and contrast you have with a character makes it more interesting.
– Strong female leads are important.
– Chris Hemsworth was teased about his name as a kid, as he admitted in an interview: the other kids called him “Kiss Ham’s Wart”.
– His younger brother Liam was among the applicants for the role of Thor, but the older one prevailed against him.
– Hemsworth studied American English before moving to the United States.
– On the actor’s arm are tattooed the initials of his wife and three children, albeit in runic script.
– In 2005, Chris Hemsworth competed in the Australian version of Let’s Dance and placed 5th.
|Estimated value:||€90 million|