|Estimated value:||€180 million|
|Country of origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||rapper|
Many people debate Eminem and the rapper’s angry lyrics. But one thing nobody can deny: He is good at what he does. And most importantly, he has undeniable success.
Eminem was born in the fall of 1972 in St. Joseph, Missouri. His real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers – Eminem is a variation of his initials, M & M. The father left the family early, the mother suffered from alcohol addiction and mental disorders, according to Eminem. She herself defended herself against these allegations and even sued her son.
He moved around frequently during Eminem’s childhood, eventually spending his youth in a crime-ridden Detroit suburb. The later musician had many problems at school, he broke them off at the age of seventeen. During this time, his uncle Ronnie served as a substitute father and role model.
Ronnie also introduced Eminem to rap. Already at the age of fourteen he found this style of music to be an outlet for his aggression. Young Eminem began competing in freestyle battles in Detroit and quickly made a name for himself. In 1992 he finally signed his first contract.
Eminem really took off in the late 90’s when he was discovered by Dr Dre who helped him on his way to fame and with whom he also produced the first album The Slim Shady LP. Slim Shady is his most well-known alter ego. Eminem has had his own music label called Shady Records since 1999, and in 2000 he released one of his biggest hits with “Stan”. The lyrics were controversial and even brought him lawsuits.
In 2002, “The Eminem Show” was not only the third best-selling album of the 2000s, but also Eminem’s film “8 Mile”. This is partially autobiographical and includes the hit single “Lose Yourself.” In the 2000s, while Eminem’s hardcore lyrics gave way to seriousness and political criticism, his drug addiction increased at the same time. She influenced the rapper’s career so much that he had to cancel a tour and rumors of a career end circulated.
But the rumor stayed: 2010’s successful album “Recovery” dealt with turning away from addiction and distancing yourself from earlier topics. Only hits followed for Eminem. “The Monster” and “Love The Way You Lie”, two collaborations with Rihanna, are just a few. In 2017, Eminem released more hits like “River” in the album “Revival” in which he collaborates with Ed Sheeran.
Eminem’s first major success was 1999’s The Slim Shady LP, which went quadruple platinum and debuted at #2 on the US Billboard chart. Even more famous, however, is “Stan” from the follow-up album in 2000. With its tragic lyrics, the hit single became world-famous and climbed to the top of the charts in several countries.
In 2002, Eminem released his partially autobiographical film “8 Mile” and landed a new world success. “8 Mile” includes the song “Lose Yourself,” which not only received an Oscar for Best Motion Picture Song, but was also awarded two Grammys. To this day, “Lose Yourself” is known everywhere.
In 2010, Eminem found new success with the album “Recovery”(. This record includes hit singles like “Love The Way You Lie” and “Not Afraid”, was nominated for multiple Grammys and went straight to number 1 in several countries. After these The follow-up “The Marshall Mathers LP” was not long in coming, selling millions, and Eminem released further chart hits such as “Rap God” and “The Monster” in 2013. In total, the rapper has been awarded more than fifteen Grammys and several Echos to date.
“The thing is, if I’m sick enough to think it, I’m sick enough to say it.”
– “I need drama in my life to keep making music.”
– “I am whatever you say I am. If it wasn’t me, why would you say it was me?”
– “Promises mean everything, but after they’re broken, ‘sorry’ means nothing.”
– “Behind every successful person there is a pack of envious people.”
– “If you have enemies, then it means that you have stood up for something.”
– Until 1995, Eminem’s pseudonym was “M+M”. He only changed it so that there would be no disputes with the company Mars Inc., which produced the candy of the same name.
– Until his half-brother Nate came of age, Eminem had full custody of him.
– The rapper is the founder of the “Marshall Mathers Foundation”, a foundation dedicated to helping underprivileged youth.
– In 2001, Eminem performed with Elton John. Many were surprised because of the rapper’s obviously anti-gay texts, but he later clarified a misunderstanding and explained that he was not directed against homosexuals.
– Eminem has one biological and two adopted daughters.
– The musician has openly spoken out against Trump and his regime on several occasions, both in public statements and in his songs.
|Estimated value:||€180 million|