|Estimated value:||€252 million|
|Country of origin:||United States of America (USA)|
|Source of Wealth:||entrepreneur|
Ivana Marie “Ivanka” Trump is the eldest daughter of the incumbent President of the United States of America. Since her father took office, she has served as his advisor in the White House. Previously, Ivanka appeared primarily as an entrepreneur, including in the family group. This article takes a look at the woman referred to by many as the “secret first lady.”
Ivana Marie Trump was born in New York in 1981 and comes from Donald Trump’s first marriage. Since childhood, her nickname has been Ivanka, which is a grammatical diminutive of her birth name and can therefore be seen as a pet name. In addition, the name serves as a distinction to the mother of the same name.
After attending two private schools in Manhattan and Connecticut, Ivanka Trump first attended Georgetown University for a degree in economics. After two years, she moved to the Wharton School, which is part of the University of Pennsylvania, which her father and older brother Donald Jr. also attended. In 2004 she completed her bachelor’s degree with the grade cum laude.
Ivanka Trump was already active in the fashion industry during her school education. Teenage magazine Seventeen featured Ivanka on its cover in 1997 as part of a series about famous mothers and daughters. She has also modeled for prominent brands such as Versace and Tommy Hilfiger. According to her own statement, however, it was always important to her that these activities took place outside of everyday school life and did not interfere with it.
Shortly after her bachelor’s degree, Ivanka Trump joined the family business, The Trump Organization, as Vice President. The company appears primarily as a manager of luxury real estate and golf courses. However, it also maintains departments for family-owned brands (e.g. suits and perfumes) and entertainment formats (“The Apprentice”). Ivanka Trump assumed the position of vice president of the real estate department from 2005 and from 2015 also head of the operational business of the group. This function, previously performed by her father, had become vacant due to his presidential candidacy, so Ivanka and her brothers took over.
Parallel to her work in the family business, Ivanka Trump built up her own fashion and jewelery label. Since 2007 she has been selling her collection, which now includes clothing, handbags, shoes and jewelry, in her own flagship store in New York. In addition, other well-known department stores such as “Macy’s” also sell Ivanka Trump’s products. Her clothing line has at times been criticized by animal welfare organizations for using real fur and by other designers for alleged imitations.
Ivanka Trump also appeared in the media. At the age of 15 she hosted the Miss Teen USA pageant. This format was partially owned by her father Donald Trump at the time. Ivanka Trump appeared in his television show “The Apprentice” from 2006, as well as in Heidi Klum’s program “Project Runway”, which is looking for up-and-coming fashion designers.
Ivanka Trump entered American politics with the presidency of her father Donald, whom she supported in his candidacy by attempting to mobilize the female electorate. In March 2017, the US President appointed her “Presidential Assistant”. Since then, she has been taking care of issues such as women, equality and health without her own income. She represented the USA at the Women20 summit in Berlin in 2017 and accompanied her father to the 2017 G20 summit in Hamburg.
– Bachelor in Economics – 2004
– Vice President of Development and Acquisitions at the Trump Organization – 2005
– Board Member 100 Women in Hedge Funds – 2012
– Assistant to the President of the United States of America – 2017
-“Nobody talks about a working man, but they do talk about a working woman, which still has a strange connotation.”
– “In Donald Trump we have a candidate who understands the difference between ‘wanting something’ and ‘doing something’.”
– “Life is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s about seeing the big picture.”
– “When the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts” – an avoidable quote from Einstein, reproduced by Ivanka Trump, but which the physicist never uttered.
– In protest against what many believed to be her father’s misogynistic manner (“pussy-grabbing”), numerous people boycotted companies that carry products from Ivanka Trump’s fashion label. Some of these companies subsequently removed the Trump collection from their inventory.
– Shortly after her father took office and just a day after a dinner with China’s President Xi Jinping, Ivanka Trump received the trademark rights to sell her fashion collection in China.
– Unlike her father, Ivanka Trump also follows people who think differently on social media. While some see this as evidence of a more liberal worldview, this “direct line” to the president’s daughter is being used by critics to call for policy change.
– Ivanka Trump’s best friend for many years was Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton. But the friendship broke up during the election campaign that her parents fought against each other.
|Estimated value:||€252 million|