|Estimated value:||€2.5 million|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Source of Wealth:||Singer|
Born in Germany and still internationally successful? Not everyone can do that. Nico Santos succeeded – in his mid-twenties, the young singer can already look back on a fulfilling career.
Nico Santos, whose surname is actually Wellenbrink, was born in Bremen at the beginning of 1993. His parents are musicians, the little sister works as a photo model. When Santos was nine months old, the little family moved to Mallorca.
At the age of three, Santos received a Michael Jackson cassette from his parents, which he says gave him the impetus for his dream job as a musician. As a small child he learned to play the piano, drums and guitar. His parents also taught the boy to sing and dance.
Already in his youth Nico Santos performed at Spanish festivals. After graduating from high school, he moved to Cologne to study audio engineering. The young man first gained notoriety through his YouTube channel, on which he uploaded cover songs and his own songs, such as the sudden hit “Eres Perfecta”.
Santos began his music career primarily as a producer. Here he worked together with B-Case, for example, together they developed the pieces “Feel It” and “Lucky L” in 2013 and 2014. Prior to these successes, Santos had worked with rapper KY, but the duo quickly broke up.
In 2015, Santos co-produced and sang on the soundtrack for Fack ju Göhte 2. He also contributed to Mr. Da-No’s “Holding On” and Topic’s “Home”. With these singles Santos managed to jump into the Swiss charts and also his first platinum success.
Further co-productions followed in 2016 with Mark Forster’s “We are tall” and in 2017 with Lena Meyer-Landrut’s “If I Wasn’t Your Daughter”. In 2019, Santos worked again with Meyer-Landrut for the duet “Better”. He can also be seen with her on “The Voice of Germany”, where Santos is a comeback judge.
In 2017 Santos finally became known with his first solo album “Streets of Gold”. The released single “Rooftop” quickly became a mega hit in Europe. Also known is Santos’ single “Safe” from 2018.
Even before his singing success Nico Santos was very successful as a producer. So he secured his first recognition with “Lucky L” by reaching number 6 in the international DJ charts. “Home” with the musician Topic placed in the top 10 in Austria, as well as in Germany and Australia.
In 2015 Santos worked on the soundtrack for “Fack ju Göhte 2”. His self-sung songs “Here Comes The Sun” and “It’s Gonna Be Alright” were the most successful of the film based on downloads. Mark Forster’s single “We Are Big”, which Santos co-produced, also reached the top 10 and went platinum.
Nico Santos’ first personal success was the 2017 album Streets of Gold, which spent three weeks in the top 25. The released single “Rooftop” was able to place in the top ten in several countries, stayed in the German charts for 32 weeks and was awarded gold. In 2018, the singer followed up with another hit, “Safe,” which stayed in the charts for eighteen weeks.
– All my senses just need to know why your heart feels like gold. (rooftop)
– I’ll be staring out the window thinking: Please keep her safe. (Safe)
– It’s super, super nice to hear my own songs on the radio.
– Writing songs for yourself is the most personal thing. And then playing them live on stage!
– Nico Santos would like to sing a duet with Sarah Connor, having already collaborated on the lyrics of her songs.
– The young musician starred in five episodes of “Rote Rosen” and appeared in commercials for C&A as a teenager.
– Santos is the son of Egon Wellenbrink, who achieved advertising fame as the “Melitta man”. As a child, the musician knew nothing about it until he saw his father on TV.
– His stage name was given to him by his classmates: It comes from the Spanish singer Romeo Santos, whose mega hit Nico liked to sing after as a child.
|Estimated value:||€2.5 million|