Different delegates from 17 countries and 41 participants represent Pakistan in contested in Taipei international arena
Pakistan has won three Gold medals and six Silver medals at the Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) 2016 ceremony held in Taipei, the Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & ITES (P@SHA) announced this afternoon.
Leading the way with the Golds were a young team from NUST for their project ‘Clinical Decision Support System for Diagnosis of Movement Disorders’, another team from NUST who collaborated with CASE, AFIO and Biomisa for their Research and Development project ‘Analysis of Optical Coherence Tomography Image for CDSS’ and Wondertree, a startup from P@SHA’s Tech Incubator The Nest i/o who won in the Inclusion and Community Category.
The Silver awards were bagged by Amin Farid for his chatbot school project on Conversation Engineering and Mr. Higgins, NUST for their project Sionser, UBL Fund Managers for their financial product imPro, Trillium Information Systems for their Security product T-Eye and two startups of The Nest i/o – MandiExpress and Sheops.
This year a delegation of 41 people represented Pakistan in the international arena set in Taipei, Taiwan by P@SHA. The team included the entities, who declared winners or runners-up at the P@SHA ICT Awards 2016.
Different delegates from 17 countries including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Nepal also joined in the contest. The event also promotes multi-lateral economic and trade ties, by offering business opportunities to the indigenous minds.
The performance of Team Pakistan in Taiwan arena with the support of its partners and sponsors was once again dominated by young people. The international judges commented Pakistan team that even the youngest of teams had shown the competence of work being done by the Pakistan technology sector.
The details of Winners and Runner- Ups are listed below:
- First GOLD medal won by NUST CEME Students in Project “Clinical Decision Support System for Diagnosis of Movement Disorders” in Tertiary Student Project Category.
- Second GOLD medal also won NUST College of EME with collaborating units CASE, AFIO and Biomisa on project Analysis of Optical Coherence Tomography Image for CDSS in nomination for Research and Development Category.
- Third GOLD medal Secured for Pakistan by Wonder Tree for the Project in inclusion and Community Category. WonderTree is a platform for physical, social, academic support to helps special children development.
- First SILVER medal by NUST in Product Sionser Tertiary Student Project Category
Sionser is a portable device with android application interface to measure and store of toxic contaminants.
- Cedar College won their project Conversation Engineering and chatbots in School Project Category.
- Sheops (Online marketplace for women) won their medal in Sheops product for Inclusion and Community nomination Category.
- Trillium Information Security Systems won SILVER in research collaboration with the ASERG Lab at COMSATS Islamabad with project titleT-Eye Platform in category of Security.
- MandiExpress which connects farmers directly to consumers & provides hight quality doorstep service in Category of Retail and Supply Chain.
- UBL Fund Managers won their SILVER medal in Product imPro (Integrated blend of technological innovation) on Financial Application Category.