|Estimated value:||€75 million|
|Country of origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Actress, singer, producer|
Selena Marie Gomez is an American actress who started a music career coinciding with her breakthrough as a Disney series star. With her pop band “Selena Gomez & the Scene” she released three music albums, all of which achieved gold status in the USA. Since 2013 she has been successful as a solo artist with several chart hits. Selena Gomez’s most famous acting roles include characters in The Wizards of Waverly Place (2007-2012), Spring Breakers (2013), Bad Neighbors 2 (2016) and A Rainy Day in New York (2019). .
Selena Gomez was born in the southern US state of Texas. Her father, Ricardo Joel Gomez, is Mexican and her mother, Amanda Dawn Cornett, is of Italian descent. At the time of her birth, her mother was only 16 years old. During Selena’s childhood, the family suffered from financial difficulties and her mother had to work three jobs to provide for her. The parents separated when Selena was only five years old. She discovered her passion for acting while watching her mother rehearse for plays. At the age of 10, Selena got her first acting role on the children’s series “Barney & Friends”.
Selena Gomez launched her skyrocketing career in 2007. She played the role of protagonist Alex Russo on the Disney sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place. The series won, among other things, an Emmy Award during a series run of four seasons and five years. This popular role brought Selena Gomez tremendous media exposure. Almost simultaneously, in 2008, Selena Gomez also began a career as a pop singer.
In 2009 she released her debut pop album Kiss & Tell with her band Selena Gomez & the Scene when she was just 17 years old. The album entered the top 10 of the US charts. Today more than a million copies have been sold. The albums “A Year Without Rain” (2010) and “When the Sun Goes Down” (2011) also enjoyed very good sales figures. Both also entered the top 10 of the charts and received gold status.
Selena Gomez has been a solo artist since 2013. Selena Gomez launched her first clothing line, Dream Out Loud, between 2010 and 2014. She released her own perfumes and designed nail polish colors herself. She has already advertised for the sporting goods manufacturer Adidas and Puma, the hair product brand Pantene as well as for Coca-Cola and the luxury brands Louis Vuitton and Coach.
highlights of her career
The first of Selena Gomez’s albums, “Stars Dance” peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard 200 albums chart in 2013. While sales didn’t match that success, Selena’s next album brought the desired response: Her most successful album to date, Revival, was released in October 2015 – it also debuted at number one on the album charts. It also garnered three top-10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Good for You,” featuring rapper ASAP Rocky, “Same Old Love,” and “Hands to Myself.” All three peaked at number one on Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 chart, making her one of only six female artists to ever have three songs from an album number one on the chart. In 2017, Selena and Kygo’s song “It Ain’t Me” once again made the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In 2016, Selena Gomez was nominated for Artist of the Year and Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist at the American Music Awards. She currently holds the record as a solo artist with a total of eleven Kid’s Choice Awards received. In 2017, she was named Billboard’s Woman of the Year.
- “All you need is to be yourself. If you want to impress someone, don’t pretend to be someone else – just be yourself.”
- “I try to be professional. Not to be late. I don’t take anything I have for granted. That’s success for me.”
- “Success is worth nothing if you don’t have the right people to share it with. That would only make you lonely.”
– Selena Gomez is also in TV production: She is the Executive Producer of the series “Thirteen Reasons Why” which debuted on Netflix in 2017 and gained a lot of attention due to its controversial treatment of suicide. There are now three seasons of the series.
– In 2015, Selena Gomez revealed that she suffers from the autoimmune disease lupus. It belongs to the group of rheumatic diseases. Symptoms of this disease include joint pain, fatigue and poor performance. The function of the internal organs can also be impaired by the disease.
– Due to this disease, Selena Gomez had to undergo an organ transplant in 2017 – her friend and actress Francia Raisa donated a kidney to her.
|Estimated value:||€75 million|