Turkey vows to support Pakistan through thick and thin
Turkey will always stand by Pakistan through thick and thin, remarked Commander of Turkish Air Force General Hasan Küçükakyüz whilst addressing the 141st passing out parade of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) at Asghar Khan Academy in Risalpur on Thursday.
Commander of the Turkish Air Force Hasan Küçükakyüz was the guest of honour and inspected the parade. He also distributed medals, trophies and the coveted Sword of Honor to the outstanding cadets at the passing out parade. Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan was present alongside him.
Hailing the professionalism of PAF, the Turkish commander said recently the force successfully thwarted aggression from the eastern border.
“PAF’s pursuit to enhance operational capabilities and achieve heights of glory has helped it establish its status as one of the modern air forces of the world,” he added.
“The great sacrifices of the Pakistani nation and the professionalism displayed by its forces in eradicating terrorism and extremism are regarded very highly by the Turkish nation.,” General Hasan further said. “Turkey will always stand by Pakistan through thick and thin,” he added.
The Turkish commander said that the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Turkey and our Air Forces enjoy deep-rooted brotherly relations spanning over decades.
A total of 101 Aviation Cadets including 2 Libyan Air Force Cadets graduated at the occasion.
The ceremony was followed by a stimulating performance by a formation of 04 T-37 from Basic Flying Training Wing, “The Bravehearts”. The PAF Academy Aerobatics team “Sherdils” also displayed an exhilarating aerial display at the occasion.
- Best performance in Flying Training (College of Flying Training, Chief of the Air Staff Trophy): Aviation Cadet Muhammad Ijlal Zaffer.
- Best Performance in General Service Training (Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Trophy): Aviation Cadet Talha Iftikhar.
- Sword of Honour (Overall Best Performance in College of Flying Training): Aviation Cadet Muhammad Faisal Shafqat.
- Trophy for overall best performance in 22 A&SD course: Aviation Cadet Hassnain Shahzad.
- Trophy for Overall Best Performance in Air Defence Course: Aviation Cadet Syed Fahad Hussain.
- Trophy for Overall Best Performance in Navigation: Aviation Cadet Faheem Abbas.
- Chief of the Air Staff Trophy for best performance in Engineering and coveted Sword of Honour for Overall Best Performance in College of Aeronautical Engineering: Aviation Cadet Hammas Bin Shahab.